Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Holocaust Museum Field Trip

To be honest, I didn't think I'd like the museum that much. I thought the trip was just going to be really depressing and that I'd hate it. But the museum itself wasn't that bad. I think that if we hadn't had those tour guides, I could have learned a lot from it. As it was, my tour guide just talked the whole time about stuff we already knew and then didn't give us any time to actually look at anything in the museum. One thing I remember that I learned though, was that all Jews were given new middle names; if you were a girl, your middle name became Sara, and if you were a boy, it was Jacob. (Sorry if we actually already learned that and I just didn't remember from class, Mckenna.)
My favorite part of the field trip was when we went through the art gallery. That was really cool actually. It wasn't just for the Holocaust, it was dedicated to all genocide. It was really interesting to go through at look at all of the pictures and paintings.
My favorite part of the museum was definitely the architecture and interior designing of the place. (I know it doesn't have to do with anything we were supposed to learn on the field trip, but it's honestly what I like best about the place.) The walkway over all the displays was really cool, you could look down on all the stuff. And even though we didn't get a chance to go in there, I also liked the room of reflection and prayers (I don't know what it was actually called, but it was something like that). The way they set up a lot of the display stuff was really cool too. The little room about Kristallnact had broken glass all over the floor and in the corner. I thought that was really creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment