Sunday, November 7, 2010
Horrible Cartoons?
So I've been thinking. In class we learned that German planes had whistles in them so when they dived to attack, they would make a high pitch whistling noise. So right before the bombs fell on you, you would hear this noise. In effect, hearing any kind of noise like this probably struck fear in all of the citizens. Well, learning about this reminded me of old cartoons like roadrunner and bugs bunny. Whenever something was falling out of the sky in those cartoons, it would make a high pitch whistling sound. Did the animators get this idea from WWII? If so, I think that is a terrible joke. This probably scared thousands of people, and here are these cartoonists putting it into their shows for children. Does anyone know about this? I'm just kind of curious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment